Full disclosure. I think I need therapy. I have become obsessed with decorating my new condo. But I haven't done much yet. Just made lists of what I can afford, prioritize what I can do now and what I can do later....And think about rugs. And think about drapes and think about blinds. Over and over again.
A friend came by the other day and said: this is ALL you've done? From the looks of things, I could see why she said that. Not much has been done since right after I moved in. Steps, just not much to show for it yet.
Here's what I have done:
1) Taken down the God- awful vinyl shutters in the DR and kitchen. They literally shattered when I took them down so to the garbage they went. They were not even re-installable somewhere else. What a shame.
2) Had my electrician over to take down the equally God-awful sconces in the DR and the LR. Take down the bathroom sconce to see if there is enough slack in the wiring to move up the fixture so I can get a Robern Medicine Cabinet in there. Those are the Rolls Royce of medicine cabinets. The answer by the way is yes. So now I need to order the Robern and the sconce. I think I am going to get this Ginger light fixture. One of my favorites.
3) Had my window treatment guy to measure for new blinds and hardware. Good news: my DR drapes look great in my bedroom and my old LR drapes work in the new LR. I'll make some pillows from my old bedroom drapes. Cuz I love the fabric and they are not faded. They will become euro shams. (How recycling of me.)
4) Had my carpet guy come to measure the bare stairs to the basement. Made calls around to find a remnant (hopefully for a good price).
5) Ordered bath accessories and a water filter for the kitchen and called my plumber about installing it.
6) Made a call to my contractor about doing some built-ins and installing the accessories, getting a screen door and other misc. stuff.
6) Hung the DR drapes. (OK had them hung.)
7) Took down the closet doors in the office. Better with them open.
8) Put in a garden
9) Put up (and moved) art on the walls. not that much up yet. a lot of things leaning.
But mostly I have been obsessing about rugs. Here is the rug I think I might get for my DR. I thought I would get a new table and chairs. But now I am thinking, I might be happier keeping the table and chairs for now and getting new drapes and a rug. It's sort of one or the other.